Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Two Powerful Dialogues from "Gladiator": Imagine the husky voice of Russel Crown


“Fratres! Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line. Stay with me. If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

[The soldiers laugh]


Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity.”


(Meaning of Elysium : A dwelling place assigned to happy souls after death; the seat of future happiness; Paradise. Hence, any delightful place.)
(Meaning of Latin word fratres is brothers or cousins)
.................................................................................................................


My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the Armies of the North. General of the Felix Legions. Loyal servant to the true Emperor, Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife – and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.



No comments:

Post a Comment