Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Financial Quotes !!!

October. 
 This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. 
Other dangerous months are 
July, 
January, 
September, 
April, 
November, 
May, 
March, 
June, 
December, 
August and 
 February. 
(Mark Twain)

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. 
The world owes you nothing. 
It was here first. 
(Mark Twain)

Pennies don't fall from heaven. 
They have to be earned on earth. 
(Margaret Thatcher)

Oh, Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends. (Janis Joplin)


The secret of getting ahead is getting started. 
The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. 
(Mark Twain)

My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying. 
(Ed Furgol)

I always arrive late at the office, 
but I make up for it by leaving early. 
(Charles Lamb)

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it is written on. 
(Sam Goldwyn)

Money can't buy you happiness, 
but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery. 
(Spike Milligan)

The light at the end of the tunnel is just the light of an oncoming train. (Robert Lowell)

What's the use of happiness? 
It can't buy you money. 
(Henny Youngman)

There are three easy ways of losing money - 
racing is the quickest, 
 women the most pleasant, 
and farming the most certain. 
(Lord Amherst)

My formula for success is 
rise early, 
work late, and 
strike oil. 
(Paul Getty)

Women prefer men who have something tender about them - especially legal tender. 
(Kay Ingram)

I am opposed to millionaires, 
but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. 
(Mark Twain)

I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty. 
(Groucho Marx)


Did you ever think that making a speech on economics is a lot like pissing down your leg? 
It seems hot to you, but it never does to anyone else. (Lyndon B. Johnson)

No comments:

Post a Comment